His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej having merciful heart given his own signet to use as Rajabhat Institute Symbol according to the letter from royal secretary dated 6 March 1995
Afterward, Rajabhat university was promoted to become University instead, but still using King Bhumibol’s signet as University symbol further(by changed only the name in both Thai and English)
The Symbol Characteristic is as following photo.
the symbol have 5 colors, on the top of the symbol have a letter named “มหาวิทยาลัยราชภัฏนครศรีธรรมราช” (can be read as Mahawittayalai Ratchaphat Nakhon si Tummarat according to RTGS reading) and under the symbol have an English name of university “ Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University)
Meaning of Signet’s color
1) Blue stand for Royal Family and his Majesty King Rama IX who are the founder and given the name of university
2) Green stand for Location of University that located in the middle of forest and natural which having green color
3) Gold stand for Brighten of Intelligence that Rajabhat University’s Destination
4) Orange stand for flourish of Culture that Rajabhat university always helping, promoting and distribute
5) White stand for Purity of bachelor’s Mind who are belong to His Majesty
Yellow stand for Buddhist which are main Religion in Nakhon Si Thammarat and Nakhon Si Thammarat also be a center of Theravada Buddhist and also mean that every Buddhism in university ready to follow the Dharma Principle
Red stand for Brave, Brave of thinking, brave of leading and brave of doing.
University’s Symbol Flower
Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University have Iron wood’s flower as the symbol flower
(name): Iron Wood
(Scientific name): Mesua ferrea Linn.
(other name): บุนนาค สารภีดอย (Boon nak, Saraphee doi)